Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bharath Thippireddy <BT...@primavera.com> on 2008/05/07 18:58:46 UTC

Couple of questions with CXF 2.1

Thanks Dan.We will give that a try by migrating to 2.1.

I have a couple of questions/issues before we do that.

1)With CXF version 2.0.3 ,we see that the CXF Parser treats the spaces/new
line charaters between the soap message elements as text nodes.Is this an
encoding problem ?.Is it reported as a bug earlier.

2)Is CXF 2.1 compatable with the single spring.jar file that comes with
Spring 2.0.4 instead of having 4 different jars.

thanks and regards,
Bharath

Re: Couple of questions with CXF 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 7, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Bharath Thippireddy wrote:

> Thanks Dan.We will give that a try by migrating to 2.1.
>
> I have a couple of questions/issues before we do that.
>
> 1)With CXF version 2.0.3 ,we see that the CXF Parser treats the
> spaces/new
> line charaters between the soap message elements as text nodes.Is
> this an
> encoding problem ?.Is it reported as a bug earlier.

I believe that per spec, they HAVE to be treated that way.   In 2.0.5
and earlier we DIDN'T do that for the whitespace between the
<soap:body> element and the first child element and that caused all
kinds of problems with ws-security as signatures have to include that
whitespace as part of the signature.

In anycase, I guess the question is: how is that a problem?

> 2)Is CXF 2.1 compatable with the single spring.jar file that comes
> with
> Spring 2.0.4 instead of having 4 different jars.

Should work fine.    The only issue MIGHT be if any of the spring
stuff pulls in hibernate/cglib in which case you will need to do some
tweeking to get a good version of asm to be used.

Dan

> thanks and regards,
> Bharath
>
> Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote on 05/06/2008 05:23:16 PM:
>

>> Any chance of upgrading to CXF 2.1?   The ws-addressing stuff is
>> "built in" to JAX-WS 2.1 and thus is more standard and, in general, a
>> bit easier to configure.
>>

>> In your case, however, you probably need to do:
>>
>>      WSAddressingFeature wsa = new WSAddressingFeature();
>>     wsa.setUsingAddressingAdvisory(true);
>>      factory.getFeatures().add(wsa);
>>
>> That will force the ws-adressing stuff to on.  By default, it looks
>> in
>> the wsdl for addressing policies.  If not there, it won't send the
>> headers.     The above will force it on.
>>

>> Dan
>>

>> On May 6, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Bharath Thippireddy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Willem,
>>>
>>> com.primavera.ws.p6.authentication.AuthenitcationService is a class
>>> generated by the java2wsdl tool cxf provides.
>>> I am trying to get the cxf addressing work with our application
>>> deployed
>>> on the tomcat.I am following the CXF documentation ,and see the
>>> exception
>>> below.
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-addressing.html
>>>
>>> thanks and regards,