Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/22 19:16:34 UTC

Re: Best practises to get message resource in java class,

The Struts source code itself offers many examples of how to
programatically access localized text from a mesage bundle.  The
MessageResources class is the key to this -- it's also the code used
by tags like <bean:message> for ths purpose.

For example, here's some snippets from how one might use a
MessageResources instance to localize the text for a particular
result:

    // MessageResources bundle for this application
    protected static MessageResources messages =
      MessageResources.getMessageResources("com.mycompany.MyBunde");

    // Look up an message string using the Locale for this request
    Locale locale = (Locale) request.getAttribute(Globals.LOCALE_KEY);
    String text = messages.getMessage(messages, "some.message.key");

Craig