Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robin kurian <rk...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 10:47:40 UTC

(13)Permission denied while starting apache

Hi All I installed apache and tomcat and connected both using mod_jk. Installation was done from the root login. Everything worked fine. Then i changed the user and group of apache and tomcat directories to my login and group. Now tomcat started successfully, But while starting apache i am got the following error. (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs I checked the permissions. Apache and Tomcat directories and its subdirecories are owned by me. So why its giving this error .Please help.... ThanksRobin