Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by robert rottermann <ro...@redcor.ch> on 2004/07/31 20:08:36 UTC

where should i put the server config files

Hi everybody,

I just installed subversion 1.1rc1.

Now I wonder where i should place the cconfig files for svnserver?

I have the repository in the svn user's  home dir (/home/svn)

And as on old cvs user:
Is there a way to execute a svn command in the "sandbox" without
mentioning the repository?

Thanks for your time

Robert

Re: where should i put the server config files

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 03:08, robert rottermann wrote:

> I have converted some 200 projects from cvs to subversion usin cvs2svn.
> now I have some 200 svn repostories.
> Can I have a config file for them all?

Each repository has its own config file for svnserve.  I suppose you
could 'share' a single file by creating symlinks....

> Or did i make a mistake creating my structure?
> What I did was :
> the old structure was:
> /home/cvshome/
> 	/proj1
> 	/proj2
> 	..
> each proj I transformed with cvs2svn like follows:
> in /home/svn:
> svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs projXX
> csv2svn --existiong-svnrepos projXX /home/cvshome/projXX

It's not a mistake to create a separate repository for each project,
it's just one possible choice.  The other choice was to create one big
svn repository for all the projects.  Chapter 5 discusses the pros and
cons of these two options.

> what I have done is I checked out a workin directory like that:
> svn svn://salome.redcor.net/home/svn/proj1/trunk proj1

Is this a typo?  There's no subcommand there.  Did you mean,

   'svn checkout svn://..../trunk proj1'   ?

> now I ch to proj1 and issue the command
> svn co
>
> however I get a help screen indicating the correct use of co
> usage: checkout URL... [PATH]

Well, sure.  'svn checkout' takes one or two arguments.  But if you
already did a checkout, and the proj1 working copy was created as a
result of that, why are you trying to run 'co' a second time?

Re: where should i put the server config files

Posted by robert rottermann <ro...@redcor.ch>.
Thank you for your answer

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 15:08, robert rottermann wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I just installed subversion 1.1rc1.
>>
>>Now I wonder where i should place the cconfig files for svnserver?
>

> After creating a repository, in repos/conf/, there should already be a
> sample 'svnserve.conf' file for you to edit.

I have converted some 200 projects from cvs to subversion usin cvs2svn.
now I have some 200 svn repostories.
Can I have a config file for them all?

Or did i make a mistake creating my structure?
What I did was :
the old structure was:
/home/cvshome/
	/proj1
	/proj2
	..
each proj I transformed with cvs2svn like follows:
in /home/svn:
svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs projXX
csv2svn --existiong-svnrepos projXX /home/cvshome/projXX

>>And as on old cvs user:
>>Is there a way to execute a svn command in the "sandbox" without
>>mentioning the repository?
>

> Of course.  Almost all subversion commands operate within a working copy
> ("sandbox"), and most of them don't mention the repository URL at all.
>
> If you want a more specific answer than that, ask a more specific
> question.  :-)

sorry for beeing thick

what I have done is I checked out a workin directory like that:
svn svn://salome.redcor.net/home/svn/proj1/trunk proj1

now I ch to proj1 and issue the command
svn co

however I get a help screen indicating the correct use of co
usage: checkout URL... [PATH]

thanks again

Robert

Re: svn diff error

Posted by da...@tudor.lu.
Thanks for your help ...
I'm using Suse 8.2 ( I know it is not up to date ) ... and subversion and
apache2 (libapr and neon) came from rpm (for SuSE).
I will upgrade my librairies ...

Best regards

Damien

Damien Nicolas
Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor
Luxembourg
Tél:  +352 42 59 91 353
Fax: +352 42 59 91 777

Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>
08/03/2004 02:28 PM

damien.nicolas@tudor.lu
cc
users@subversion.tigris.org
Subject
Re: svn diff error

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 01:08, damien.nicolas@tudor.lu wrote:
> Thanks for the response. But how can I know which is the correct
> version for libapr librairies ..?
> I use libapr0-2.0.44-38 ...

That's a bizarre name;  but it tells me that the APR comes from apache
2.0.44, which is way too old.  You need at least 2.0.48, preferably
2.0.50.

Re: svn diff error

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 01:08, damien.nicolas@tudor.lu wrote:
> Thanks for the response. But how can I know which is the correct
> version for libapr librairies ..?
> I use libapr0-2.0.44-38 ...

That's a bizarre name;  but it tells me that the APR comes from apache
2.0.44, which is way too old.  You need at least 2.0.48, preferably
2.0.50.

Re: svn diff error

Posted by da...@tudor.lu.
Thanks for the response. But how can I know which is the correct version
for libapr librairies ..?
I use libapr0-2.0.44-38 ...

Damien Nicolas
Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor
Luxembourg
Tél:  +352 42 59 91 353
Fax: +352 42 59 91 777

Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>
08/02/2004 08:52 PM

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 07:31, damien.nicolas@tudor.lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We evaluate subversion since few months and it works fine. But I have
> now this error and I need some help :
>
> svn: relocation error: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
> apr_env_get

Something is wrong with your libraries.  It looks like your subversion
libraries have linked against an old (or incorrect) version of libapr.

Re: svn diff error

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 07:31, damien.nicolas@tudor.lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We evaluate subversion since few months and it works fine. But I have
> now this error and I need some help :
>
> svn: relocation error: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
> apr_env_get

Something is wrong with your libraries.  It looks like your subversion
libraries have linked against an old (or incorrect) version of libapr.

svn diff error

Posted by da...@tudor.lu.
Hi,

We evaluate subversion since few months and it works fine. But I have now
this error and I need some help :

svn: relocation error: /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:
apr_env_get

when I try to do this diff command :

svn diff --revision {2004-07-30}:HEAD svn://myserver/JulesVerne

The svn version is 1.0.6 (dev build) compiled Jul 5 2004

Thanks

PS: sorry for my english :-)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.