Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Richard Michalik <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/17 10:48:07 UTC

DevOps technologies in netbeans

Hello,
I am a student of a technical university and one of my assignments is to
analyse DevOps technologies of open source projects.
I see that netbeans is using Travis CI, Jenkins and GitHub actions.
Do I understand correctly that Jenkins is used for building the IDE for
Linux or Windows and the others are for testing? Or am I overlooking
something?

Thank you in advance for the response.

Re: DevOps technologies in netbeans

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
Hey Richard,

I think you mostly have it correct. To be more specific, Jenkins is the
automated build system for when check in's are done to a GitHub repository.

Most developers use ant as their day-to-day build tool when undergoing
development.

Hope this helps.

-brad w.

Posted by Richard Michalik <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Michael.
Thank you for the explanation and quick reply.

Best regards,
Richard

št 17. 11. 2022 o 18:01 Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.