Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sang-Jea Shin <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 06:21:28 UTC

rsync on cygwin

My platform is Windows XP Professional.
After install cygwin, I'm trying rsync like this.

bomber@viper /maven2
$ rsync -v -t -l -r mirrors.ibiblio.org::maven2 /maven2
  Welcome to the ibiblio.org mirrored software server!
  Note that the 'gnuwww' module was recently removed
  per discussion with the volunteers running gnu.org.
  Please go there if you wish to continue mirroring
  their web site.  In its stead we are now offering
  the GNU Alpha archive.

receiving file list ...

But nothing changed, just waiting.
Should I wait more? Or Is it impossible rsync on cygwin?

Re: rsync on cygwin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
There is (almost) no good reason to download the entire Maven2 repo
from ibiblio.org. Can you tell us more about why you think you need to
do this? In nearly every case, you should simply use a Maven Repo
Manager like Nexus, Archiva, Artifactory, etc.

As for rsync, I have no idea if it is working or not, as I have never
attempted rsync against ibiblio. You might want to try -vv for "very
verbose". Are you sure it isn't doing something -- how long did you
wait while it was executing?

Wayne