Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/17 16:17:01 UTC

Adding env-var options for the Solr Prometheus Exporter

The startup options for the Prometheus Exporter are pretty sparse compared
to what the Solr start script offers.

I'm looking at adding some options that mirror what Solr offers, such as

   - SOLR_HEAP
   - SOLR_JAVA_MEM

 Maybe some GC options as well.

Having just the memory settings available would let us start the prometheus
exporter with more than 500 Mb of heap, which right now isn't possible as
the max heap is hard coded here
<https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/contrib/prometheus-exporter/bin/solr-exporter#L107>
.

This should be pretty easy to add, and we can make it sync with the naming
convention used by the Solr start script. I'll probably create a JIRA and
patch soon unless anyone has concerns or objections.

- Houston Putman

Re: Adding env-var options for the Solr Prometheus Exporter

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I'll work on that this afternoon.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--