Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2000/10/29 20:47:37 UTC

Re: I will help with docs!

Hi Chuck,

> I would love to help out with the Docs and make a contribution to Apache
> SOAP. Just let me know what to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck

That's great! The first thing to do is to get you to review the
current docs .. are you an active user? If so you probably know the
miserable status of the current docs! :-)

Are you on soap-dev? If not please join that list .. that's where
I can nominate you for committer status etc. so that you can make
changes without having to go thru another committer (like me).

It would be great if you could make a proposal for how to organize
the docs and then start cranking on it. The current model with
getting commit access is some "demonstrated" work .. so you'd need
to take a first pass at improved docs and then I'll nominate you!

What I'd like to see include:
    - docs on how to use the various APIs for the two supported
      programming models (RPC and messaging)
    - improved API docs
    - UML-like docs on the codebase itself
    - FAQ (urgently needed)

That's all I can remember right now, but I'm certain people will
have plenty of input on docs!

Thanks,

Sanjiva.