Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Xaida <ho...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/23 18:10:50 UTC

Implementing Analyzer with Pling Stemmer

Hi guys!

for the purpose of my project professor has advised me I should use the
PlingStemmer to index the terms obtained from Lucene.
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/javatools/doc/javatools/parsers/PlingStemmer.html

I see it is new approach and for sure I understand benefits of incorporating
it into my project, but building an Analyzer was bit far out of my view of
the project, (but what can we do now:)). So I am having problems wrapping my
head around how to incorporate the PlingStemmer to build a custom analyzer
:/
If someone can help me with advices, links, or someone already had
experience with PlingStemmer, I would be very grateful, all help is very
very welcome!!!!!

Thanx!

RE: Implementing Analyzer with Pling Stemmer

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Just look at the source code of PorterStemFilter.java and its corresponding
Analyzer in Lucene Java. Simply copy the code and replace the calls to stem
a String by the ones from this class. Depending on if your code
takes/returns String or char[], you have to modify the code a little bit
according to TermAttribute's Javadocs.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen