Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/07/09 00:57:44 UTC

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Good point... although I was curious about Ignite's take on that first and
foremost. Yet, cross-posting to dev@bigtop.a.o

Jay et all: any thoughts about the combination?
  Cos

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
in particular, w/ ignite, i could see web apps w/ large object stores as
storage, doing larger, faster
queries for certain workloads, i.e. the using the jdbc stuff. same thing
for in house apps that might
need to operate on large posix stored data (like in gluster)

--
jay vyas

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Great points, Olaf! :)

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi everyone,

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
All arw good points! Thanks for the details about Gluster - surely helpful.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Cos!

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Cos!

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ok but ignite will always use Java to access storage.  ?

Afaik For gluster vs ceph; similar deal : ignite will either use :

- NFS/fuse mount, and mount local files from Java local fs ; this will work identical on gluster/ceph from ignites perspective

- HCFS interface : this has the benefit of requiring no ignite changes: just load default fs using Hadoop api that ignite fs.

- Any other mechanism would require using hardcoded Java to ceph JNI calls or something.

Right?

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Cos,

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
Cos,

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Object store is *very* valuable for some use cases I know. Especially,
using Ignite as a high speed in memory object processor is good for some
warehousing projects.

Also, I think implementing features like Write Ahead Logging really
simplify with a persistent Object store.

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: Ceph w/ Ignite

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.