Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2004/02/17 15:43:33 UTC

[vote] Removing Jalopy

Hi all,

we were reviewing licenses on the PMC list, and hit aelfred.jar, an XML
parser needed for Jalopy (in the tools directory). While the license
apparently might eventually allow for inclusion in our CVS/distribution
[1], we figured to question the necessity of having Jalopy in Cocoon at
all.

I think programmatical enforcement (let alone agreement on the required
rules) of code style isn't likely to happen, nor have we been seeing
much problems with coding style differences.

Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

I'm +1.

[1] please, please check licenses of new libraries and their own
dependency libraries when adding new stuff to CVS!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Steven Noels dijo:
> Let's drop Jalopy.

I'm +1 too.

Please note the eclipse jdt also include some support for formatting code.
Not sure if this can be used at all, but there is:

http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/overview.html

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

+1

Sylvain

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On 17 Feb 2004, at 14:43, Steven Noels wrote:

> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

+1

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

+1

	Ugo

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.
>
> I'm +1.

+1

Geoff

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 17.02.2004 15:49, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.
>
> +1, let's travel light ;-)

+1 Jalopy has been travelling only two months with us, since 9th of
December.

Joerg

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 17 Feb 2004, at 16:23, Stephan Michels wrote:

> If there are license issues, then isn't a vote necessary, IHMO.

It's not only because of license issues, IMHO. Lightness seems to be a
(distant) goal we want to achieve as well.

>> +1, let's travel light ;-)
>
> Too late for this...

:-|

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Di, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz um 15:49:
> Le Mardi, 17 fév 2004, à 15:43 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :
>
> > Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

If there are license issues, then isn't a vote necessary, IHMO.

> +1, let's travel light ;-)

Too late for this...

Stephan.

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mardi, 17 fév 2004, à 15:43 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :
>
>> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.
>

> +1, let's travel light ;-)

+1

PS Define light! But comparing to WebSphere... We are feather-weight ;-)

Vadim

Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Mardi, 17 fév 2004, à 15:43 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :

> Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

+1, let's travel light ;-)

-Bertrand

RE: [vote] Removing Jalopy