Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Balaji Chandrasekaran <cb...@virtusa.com> on 2005/06/22 08:06:51 UTC

image problem

I am having problem displaying image inside a portlet. My portlet is a
calling a jsp page which generate chart image at runtime (image
generated at runtime and not stored anywhere). When I call the jsp
directly it is working fine. But when I call it inside a portlet, I am
not able to display the image.

Note: When I call the portlet from the same browser which I used for
calling jsp directly, the image is coming fine. (May be the image is
cached).

Can anyone help on this issue as soon as possible?

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.

Re: image problem

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.
hi, i have the same problem but, i use a servlet to render dinamically the
image, could you tell us more about your problem.
I fix my problem, but i dont know if it is the same

santiago

Re: image problem

RE: image problem

Posted by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com>.
Note: This question will receive more attention if sent to the User
list.  The dev list should be for those developing Jetspeed itself.

What is the url you are referencing for your image?  The most common
problem is not using "request.getContextPath()" before the path of the
image.  So, if you have an image in "/images" of your war and it's named
"myimage.gif" you can reference it as:

response.encodeURL(request.getContextPath()) + "/images/myimage.gif"

If you're doing it from a JSP, put the appropriate tags around the java
code.

Dave