Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <ra...@hp.com> on 2008/09/05 11:35:16 UTC

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

Hi ,
 I am trying to print on an Internet printer through the CUPS client, but not able to go through that. I am getting the following error .Though whenever I am trying to access a printer which lies  within my local area network then I am not getting this error, and printing going through. I try using some third party tool like Xerox IPP Client tool and it is working perfectly. Any idea what is this issue ?Thanks a lot for your help.

javax.print.PrintException: org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppException: Can't use ipp printer <http://........>
IPP version: 60.72
Operation id/Status code: 0x544d
Request id: 0x4c3e3c48

        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.CUPSClient.<init>(CUPSClient.java:101)
        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.TestCUPSClient.main(TestCUPSClient.java:46)
Caused by: org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppException: Can't use ipp printer <http://........>
IPP version: 60.72
Operation id/Status code: 0x544d
Request id: 0x4c3e3c48

        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppPrinter.<init>(IppPrinter.java:87)
        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.CUPSClient.<init>(CUPSClient.java:98)
        ... 1 more

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <ra...@hp.com>.
Hi Alexei,
 I have done this in the past, by changing the version and commenting out the code , so I bypassed the error , but it didn't work, though there was no error but same time I was not able to post the document in the printer queue.

Regards,
Rahul

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,

--
With best regards,
Alexei

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <ra...@hp.com>.
Hi Alexei,

--
With best regards,
Alexei

Re: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,

--
With best regards,
Alexei

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <ra...@hp.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,

--
With best regards,
Alexei

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

--
With best regards,
Alexei

Re: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rahul,
Let me try linking your picture to the code.

> any idea to which IPP version the Harmony CUPS client supports? Is it 1.0 or 1.1 or both?
Harmony asks printer to support 1.1 version:
> working_classlib/modules/print/src/main/java/common/org/apache/harmony/x/print/ipp/IppPrinter.java: request.setVersion(1, 1);

The printer responds:

--
With best regards,
Alexei

RE: Error in printing on the remote printer

Posted by "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <ra...@hp.com>.
Hi Friends,

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.