Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tom Herzog <to...@mentor.com> on 1999/01/25 06:38:56 UTC

general/3756: SSI var="REMOTE_HOST" and logfile name resolution not functioning

>Number:         3756
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       SSI var="REMOTE_HOST" and logfile name resolution not functioning
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is probably pretty basic, and I've read all the documentation I could find,
but essentially after compiling the source in a fairly vanilla fashion,
both versions no longer correctly resolve names.  The REMOTE_HOST SSI doesn't
return anything and the loggin contains IP Addresses only.  Previous versions on
the same machine work fine (before v1.3).  I haven't done any extensive checking,
I'm assuming I'm missing something.  Nothing in any .conf file, no compilation
errors, nothing in Configuration.tmpl, etc...  any ideas?  The answer to the
"is it plugged in?" question is yes, name resolution works fine on this machine
and each connecting host has a verifyable registered name.
>How-To-Repeat:
Machine behind a firewall.
>Fix:
Not really.. Pretty well stumped.