Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Walstra <jw...@spoonserver.com> on 2002/08/31 10:16:56 UTC

Element type "resource-env-ref" must be declared.

I know why this is happening, but I can't seem to stop it.

I've editted my web.xml, and made sure it was pointing to ..

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd'>

since 2.3 has "resource-env-ref" defined. However when I start Tomcat I get

Resolve: -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd
  Using alternate DTD /javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setPublicId(-//Sun
Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN)
.
.
PARSE error at line 36 column 21
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "resource-env-ref" must be
declared.

So what makes it choose 2.2 instead of 2.3. What should I look for? I'm using
Tomcat 4.0.4.

Thanks,
John

--
John Walstra
jwalstra@spoonserver.com

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
		-- Oscar Wilde