Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/04 01:55:55 UTC

Sequence File with Block Compression

I need to enable Sequence File with Block Compression data. Below is the
table which will be stored as SequenceFile.

*    create table lip_data_quality*
*    ( buyer_id bigint,*
*      total_chkout bigint,*
*      total_errpds bigint*
*     )*
*     partitioned by (dt string)*
*    row format delimited fields terminated by '\t'*
*    stored as sequencefile*
*    location '/apps/hdmi-technology/b_apdpds/lip-data-quality'*
    ;

And in the above table, I am getting data in Compressed Form like this by
enabling these commands-

*    set mapred.output.compress=true;*
*    set mapred.output.compression.type=BLOCK;*
*    set
mapred.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.LzoCodec;*

So my question is that's all I need to enable BLOCK Compression with
Sequence File? Or is there anything else I need to do? I was following this
article

http://books.google.com/books?id=H3mvcxPeUfwC&pg=PA172&lpg=PA172&dq=Sequence+Files+with+BLOCK+compression&source=bl&ots=pXtKy9-Kuc&sig=IFMfUAcW6XfA2TY8zvBhMyNjfic&hl=en&sa=X&ei=sakaUMAGhNHhBJ7AgMAN&ved=0CHIQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=Sequence%20Files%20with%20BLOCK%20compression&f=false

Any suggestion will be appreciated.