Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by SQA007 <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 07:14:44 UTC

issue with 100000 threads

I have tasks to run jmeter 10000 , 100000, 1000000, 2000000 users. First, i
tried for 10000 users, it throws message 'ERROR -
jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space'. I increased heap space in jmeter but still throwing same
message. Please give details solution as i am new user to jmeter

Thanks in advance,
varma

Re: issue with 100000 threads

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@shaw.ca>.
How do you come up with that number?

Posted by Binod Gupta <bg...@successfactors.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Quasar <qu...@libero.it>.

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.
SQA007 wrote:
> I have tasks to run jmeter 10000 , 100000, 1000000, 2000000 users. First, i
> tried for 10000 users, it throws message 'ERROR -
> jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
> heap space'. I increased heap space in jmeter but still throwing same
> message. Please give details solution as i am new user to jmeter

That's far too many users for one machine to handle. I find I'm pushing
what my workstation can handle with 100 users, but I'm doing a test
that's fairly hard on JMeter.
If you really want to run that many threads, you'll need a lot of memory
- try allowing JMeter to use all of your memory (this had better be
several Gb). And try starting at 1000 or less...
Also, I'd recommend using something other than Windows to run JMeter (if
you're not already), as in my experience, Windows doesn't handle that
many active threads very well...

That probably wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps...

	# r

--
Ronan Klyne
Business Collaborator Developer