Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by IT Department - Coleshill <it...@adaptaflex.co.uk> on 2006/01/26 13:15:33 UTC

New User - Fop error.

Hi there I hope this is the correct place to post. Ive only just come to looking at XML/FOP in the last few days so please excuse any ignorance.

I am running FOP from a DOS shell on windows XP pro. I have just installed the latest JRE. I have put the files I am trying to convert into the same directory as the Fop.bat file, these are afx.xml and afx.xsl.

I run fop using : fop -xsl afx.xsl -xml afx.xml -pdf afx.pdf

and it returns an error :
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: endElement() called for html where there is no current element.
Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: endElement() called for html where there is no current element.

If anyone has any ideas or is able to point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative. Thankyou.

Matt.

Re: New User - Fop error.

Posted by Jay Bryant <ja...@bryantcs.com>.
Hi, Matt,

Welcome to the FOP world.

endElement is a method within the XML parser, so it's apparent that the
parser doesn't like either your XML file or your XSL file.

Most likely, this is the result of a malformed file (failing to close
elements and such). As Jelka indicated, if you can post the XML and XSL
files, we can puzzle out exactly what's going wrong. If it's not too much
bother, please copy and past the contents of the files right into the
message. I am a bit paranoid about opening attachments....

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

[...]

Posted by je...@atol.si.
Would be helpful if you also write down:

What FOP are you using ? (0.20.5 or beta 0.91)

Would be helpful if you attached the xsl and xml files or just copy code.

"IT Department - Coleshill" <it...@adaptaflex.co.uk>
26.01.2006 13:15
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org