Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by OZERAY MATHIEU <ma...@viacesi.fr> on 2016/07/12 14:50:18 UTC

NetFlow metrics to Kafka

Hello,

I have a question about Kafka.

Actually, I produce NetFlow metrics on my Cisco router. I want know if it's possible to send NetFlow metrics to Kafka broker to resend this in Logstash server ?

Thanks for your answer.

Have a nice day.

Mathieu OZERAY

Re: NetFlow metrics to Kafka

Posted by Mudit Agarwal <mu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ozery,
Please try mentioning the kafka broker IP and port in cisco collector config where you will sending your flows.
Thanks,Mudit

Posted by Michael Noll <mi...@confluent.io>.
Mathieu,

yes, this is possible.  In a past project of mine we have been doing this,
though I wasn't directly involved with coding the Cisco-Kafka part.  As far
as I know there aren't ready-to-use Netflow connectors available (for Kafka
Connect), so you most probably have to write your own connector and/or
application to bridge Cisco and Kafka.

-Michael

--

*Michael G. Noll | Product Manager | Confluent | +1 650.453.5860Download
Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform: www.confluent.io/download