Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2014/06/13 10:39:15 UTC

Status of the build

The normal aries build as well as the deploy build seem to be stable again.
See
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Aries2/job/Aries/

The build with snapshot dependencies seems to continually fail.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Aries2/job/AriesWithSnapshotDependencies/

The build fails during the application integration tests with a compile
error.

Unfortunately I do not fully understand what the failing build does
exactly.  Can someone explain how this build works and perhaps give some
advice what is going wrong at the moment?
I would like to do a build on my own system that replicates the same
errors but have no idea how to do this.

Maybe this build simply does not work anymore with the new integration
tests as I now use .versionAsInProject in pax exam while I think the old
tests used a different mechanism to determine the version of dependencies.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

1/ I agree for the parent: I will change to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and update
the modules

2/ for the ASM import range, as I did for slf4j, we can "extend" the
version range. It should be enough.

3/ I will check and update the versioning plugin too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Is that a build-time only issue or also a runtime issue ?
I don't have much problem requiring jdk 7 for building but supporting jdk 6
at runtime.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jeremy,

I wasn't clear.

I think it's good to have JDK 7 for build but still support Java6 for
runtime.

And I think it's the case right now: it fails only in Pax Exam with
Java6 (even if I didn't see that AFAIR).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 13, 2014, at 4:39 AM, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> The normal aries build as well as the deploy build seem to be stable again.
> See
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Aries2/job/Aries/
>
> The build with snapshot dependencies seems to continually fail.
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Aries2/job/AriesWithSnapshotDependencies/
>
> The build fails during the application integration tests with a compile error.
>
> Unfortunately I do not fully understand what the failing build does exactly.  Can someone explain how this build works and perhaps give some advice what is going wrong at the moment?
> I would like to do a build on my own system that replicates the same errors but have no idea how to do this.

This is due to your changes for ARIES-1188.

Those changes removed the ExtraOptions stuff (see your JIRA comment for why), but the builds for some of the modules are still relying on it.  Once the scripts updated the poms to grab the latest snapshot of testutils (which has your changes), they fail to compile.   Are the failing modules ones that have not yet been updated to pax-exam 3?

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Holly,

thanks for the explanations. Seems I have to learn some more about aries :-)
Is it possible to do the same things the snapshot build does on my local
system? If yes what do I have to do to get the same effects?

Another question: I switched the maven dependencies in pax exam to
.versionAsInProject() as it did not work without that. Does that still
work with the
snapshot build?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Status of the build

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
The localRepository setting should be correct as we would have errors in
the standard build then too.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider