Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Ben McCann <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/25 22:33:52 UTC

2.0 beta/RC release?

Hi,

It seems like 2.0 is close and provides some good benefits over 1.8. I was
wondering if there's any plans regarding a 2.0 release?

There are only a dozen issues currently open and tagged for 2.0
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2370?jql=project%20%3D%20PDFBOX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC>.
It might be a good time to cut an RC release so that we can start getting
more feedback and better indentifying what 2.0 blockers might be out there?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: 2.0 beta/RC release?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 01.10.2015 um 21:40 schrieb Ben McCann:
> Ha, I guess I must be young. I googled Golgafrincham and it said 1/3 of the
> planet was useless and they wanted to blast them into outerspace to rid
> themselves of useless people. I promise I don't think anyone here is
> useless! Or that anyone is trying to commit genocide on 1/3 the planet :-)
>   I very much appreciate all the hard work you guys do and think you've
> created a great library, so thank you very much!

No, the part I meant is when they get stranded on prehistorical earth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBmdkhDGZ8A&feature=youtu.be&t=24m19s

Tilman

Re: 2.0 beta/RC release?

Posted by Ben McCann <be...@benmccann.com>.

wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Git and especially github are painful, could you do me a favour?
>
> Create a patch file of what you did in
>
> https://github.com/apache/pdfbox/compare/trunk...benmccann:page-tree-handling
>
> and attach that to PDFBOX-3000. After that I'll set PDFBOX-2423 to
> resolved.
>
> Thanks
> Tilman
>

> Am 01.10.2015 um 20:29 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
>
>> Am 01.10.2015 um 20:16 schrieb Ben McCann:
>>
>>> Wow, tons of great progress in the past week in getting to 2.0. There's
>>> currently only a single issue open that's marked as a blocker
>>> <
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2893?jql=project%20%3D%20PDFBOX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC>.
>>>
>>> Hopefully we can agree on a what to name the COSStream methods and then
>>> get
>>> an RC out for people to test with since that'd really help in identifying
>>> any issues that may be present. Super excited by how close we are!
>>>

>> LOL, you make that sound like we're all from that 1/3 part of the
>> Golgafrincham planet (younger readers may want to google this), but the
>> real issues are PDFBOX-2883 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2883>(Timo wanted to do
>> something there), and a few minor ones that John may want to do something.
>> I'll do the "transfer work" on PDFBOX-2423 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2423>and then set that one
>> to resolved too.
>>
>> Tilman
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Ben McCann <be...@gmail.com>