Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/25 12:40:29 UTC

Sum function causing error in solr

 0 down vote favorite

Hi I m trying sum function in solr

val:"sum(kcmeta/bookmark/count,10.00)"

itis giving error:

<lst name="error">
  <str name="msg">undefined field: "kcmeta"</str>
  <int name="code">400</int>
</lst>

My field name is "kcmeta/bookmark/count"

Please suggest how to resolve this.

Re: Sum function causing error in solr

Posted by Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com>.
Yes jack. have tried this. but giving the same error.

Re: Sum function causing error in solr

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Escape any special characters in field names with backslash.

-- Jack Krupansky

I know we should name variable as java variables. But theses are the
predefined variables. I cant rename it.

Provide me the solution with this constraint.

Re: Sum function causing error in solr

Posted by Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Don't name your fields that way. The general advice
is to only name your fields as though they were
Java variables. The field name you're using is
too easily confused with a mathematical operation
after all.

Personally, I only use lower-case, underscore, and
perhaps numbers to avoid surprises like this.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com>.
solr-4.3.1

Re: Sum function causing error in solr

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> tried this as well. but its not working.

It's working fine for me.  What version of Solr are you using?
What does your complete request look like?

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Re: Sum function causing error in solr

Posted by Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Tanu Garg <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My field name is "kcmeta/bookmark/count"

You can always use the "field" function to handle whacky field
names... unquoted if it's simple enough, or quoted if it's not.
field(kcmeta/bookmark/count)
or