Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@htinc.com> on 2004/12/10 22:16:19 UTC

MultiSearcher close

 If I close a MultiSearcher, does it close all the associated searchers
too? I was getting a bad file descriptor error, if I close the
MultiSearcher object and open it again for another search without
reinstantiating the underlying searchers.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Re: MultiSearcher close

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 10, 2004, at 4:16 PM, Ravi wrote:
>  If I close a MultiSearcher, does it close all the associated searchers
> too?

It sure does:

     for (int i = 0; i < searchables.length; i++)
       searchables[i].close();
   }