Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Kester <Pe...@daidalos.nl> on 2010/09/30 10:45:16 UTC

PDF\A-1a compliance check when fo file contains basic-links

Hi,

I am in the process of generating PDF\A-1a compliant PDF but I think I ran into a bug.
When the fo file contains something like this:
<fo:basic-link external-destination="url(www.google.com)">Google.com</fo:basic-link>
I can generate a PDF\A-1a compliant docuyment but when I try to validate in Adobe Acrobats Preflight I get the following error message:

'An error occurred while parsing a contents stream. Unable to analyze the PDF file.'

When I disable the basic-link everything works like a charm.

Best regards,

Peter Kester

ing. P.A. (Peter) Kester
Senior Consultant

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk

T +31 (0)10 850 1200
F +31 (0)10 850 1199

peter.kester@daidalos.nl<ma...@daidalos.nl>
www.daidalos.nl<http://www.daidalos.nl/>

KvK 27164984

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit e-mailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Re: PDF\A-1a compliance check when fo file contains basic-links

Posted by Wim VN <wi...@gmail.com>.
http://old.nabble.com/PDF-A-validation-tp30066770p30066770.html Post: PDF/A
validation

I've tried opening the attached pdf file in Acrobat Reader and it indicated
it was a PDF/A.
Sending it to the validation service I've mentioned in my other post (see
url above), got me a report saying the file failed conformity tests and
listing the following issues:

<issues>
<metadata>
  <problem severity="warning" objectID="10" clause="p33"
standard="xmp">Recommended padding is not found in the XMP packet
trailer</problem>
  <problem severity="error" objectID="10" clause="6.7"
standard="pdfa">Property 'dc:title' used incorrect value type 'simple'
instead of 'rdf:Alt'</problem>
  <problem severity="error" objectID="10" clause="6.7"
standard="pdfa">Property 'dc:creator' used incorrect value type 'simple'
instead of 'rdf:Seq'</problem>
  <problem severity="error" objectID="10" clause="6.7"
standard="pdfa">Property 'dc:description' used incorrect value type 'simple'
instead of 'rdf:Alt'</problem>
  <problem severity="error" objectID="10" clause="6.7"
standard="pdfa">Property 'dc:date' used incorrect value type 'simple'
instead of 'rdf:Seq'</problem>
  <problem severity="warning" objectID="10" clause="TN0001"
standard="pdfa">Recommended property 'format' for schema 'dc'
missing</problem>
  </metadata>
  </issues>

I can't seem to follow the link in the PDF though.

Regards
Wim

Re: PDF\A-1a compliance check when fo file contains basic-links

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Peter,

I've gone through a very simple example and I've been able to reproduce
it with that older Acrobat version I have access to. However, going
through the generated structures I cannot see anything that strikes me
as wrong. I've also used another PDF/A validator (PDFTron PDF/A Manager)
which barks at something in the XMP metadata but not about the link. I
know from experience that Acrobat cannot be trusted when it comes to the
PDF preflight functionality. And as always, Acrobat's error messages are
completely unhelpful. So at this point, I'm unsure whether this is
really a FOP problem or an Acrobat problem. I've attached this case in
case anyone else here has a different PDF/A validator he can check with.

On 30.09.2010 10:45:16 Peter Kester wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of generating PDF\A-1a compliant PDF but I think I ran into a bug.
> When the fo file contains something like this:
> <fo:basic-link external-destination="url(www.google.com)">Google.com</fo:basic-link>
> I can generate a PDF\A-1a compliant docuyment but when I try to validate in Adobe Acrobats Preflight I get the following error message:
>
> 'An error occurred while parsing a contents stream. Unable to analyze the PDF file.'
>
> When I disable the basic-link everything works like a charm.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Peter Kester

Jeremias Maerki