Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Vinod Singh <Vi...@rmsi.com> on 2005/03/16 15:05:41 UTC

Nested beans

Hi All,

What is the best way to deal with nested beans? For example a User belongs
to Group so User bean will have an association with Group bean. The ui form
for User creation will have an select option for Group ID. Now I want to
map this select tag to group field of User bean, do I have create a custoom
converter o some other approach is there?

Thanks,

Vinod

public class User
{
   private String name;
   private Group group;
}

public class Group
{
   private String name;
   private List<User> users;
}

Re: Nested beans

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
A custom converter is probably the easiest way to handle it.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org