Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by kunal somani <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/18 09:03:00 UTC

Contribute the code

Hi,

I was trying to implement the below feature in my project.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution#DependencyMediationandConflictResolution-DependencyVersionRanges

After implementing range feature with Maven 3.0..5 in my project, come
to know that there is bug where Maven pick the the latest Snapshot
artifact as well even if we don't define the SNAPSHOT in range.

"Version ranges with non-snapshot bounds can contain snapshot versions bug"

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092

I had to implement this feature in my project and for that looked into
the Maven code and found after adding few lines of code, we can
resolve this bug. I would like to contribute the code in Maven and for
that need guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Somani
(408-767-8685)

Re: Contribute the code

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
We have not actually decided whether we want this behaviour or not. I'll take a look, but we have code to turn on/off that behaviour it's really more a decision about what the proper behaviour is.

On Mar 18, 2013, at 1:03 AM, kunal somani <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to implement the below feature in my project.
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution#DependencyMediationandConflictResolution-DependencyVersionRanges
>
> After implementing range feature with Maven 3.0..5 in my project, come
> to know that there is bug where Maven pick the the latest Snapshot
> artifact as well even if we don't define the SNAPSHOT in range.
>
> "Version ranges with non-snapshot bounds can contain snapshot versions bug"
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092
>
> I had to implement this feature in my project and for that looked into
> the Maven code and found after adding few lines of code, we can
> resolve this bug. I would like to contribute the code in Maven and for
> that need guidance.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Kunal Somani
> (408-767-8685)