Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/28 14:58:57 UTC

Cleanup Trafodion 1.3 Sandbox

Hi all,

I recently used the VirtualBox image provided by Amanda to establish a PoC.

While performing a drop schema cascade some tables are not removed and thus
the execution fails.

This is the message I get:

GIFT_CARD has invalid state and cannot be accessed. Use cleanup command to
drop it.

The question is: how do I execute the cleanup command (and from where)?

Best regards,
Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

RE: Cleanup Trafodion 1.3 Sandbox

Posted by "D. Markt" <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

  I think the broader topic is covered here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Metadata+Cleanup.  Here is an example of cleaning up the table:

Cleaning Up an Inconsistent Object

A CLEANUP command will need to be used to clean up an object in invalid state.

>>drop table t026t1;

*** ERROR[4254] Object TRAFODION.SCH026.T026T1 has invalid state and cannot be accessed. Use cleanup command to drop it.

--- SQL operation failed with errors.
>>cleanup  table t026t1;

--- SQL operation complete.

  As for where to enter the command, use sqlci or trafci.

Regards,
Dennis

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Pierre,

The syntax is

CLEANUP TABLE <tablename>;

I just noticed that it's not documented in the Trafodion SQL Reference. Not
sure why. (I looked for it here:
http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/sql_reference/index.html#data_definition_language_statements)

We'll have to fix that.

Dave