Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Terry Zhou <xz...@bea.com> on 2006/07/04 10:39:55 UTC

Can I remove this ServletContainerAdapter error log?

Hi, folks,
   When I use beehive pageflow in my webapp, I found the following ERROR
log was reported, after checked the code, I found this error message
happened before it loaded my customized ServletContainerAdapter, I have
followed the steps in
http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0m1/pageflow/servlet_container_adapters
.html. How can I remove this ERROR log from console? Can anybody give me
some hint, BTW I used a snapshot version nearby 1.0.

[{0}] Initializing the NetUIx container    context =

2006-07-04 16:25:29,433 ERROR
[org.apache.beehive.netui.util.logging.Logger] (Logger.java:158) Servl
etContainerAdapter manager not initialized correctly.

2006-07-04 16:25:29,433 DEBUG
[org.apache.beehive.netui.util.logging.Logger] (Logger.java:128) Found
 implementor entry for interface
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.ServletContainerAdapter at
jar:file:/D:/opensource/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps/xxc/WEB-INF/lib/bee
hive-container-adapter.jar!/META-INF/services/org.apache.beehive.netui.p
ageflow.ServletContainerAdapter

Thanks a lot!
Terry
by email and then delete it.

Re: Can I remove this ServletContainerAdapter error log?

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Terry,

It looks like you've configured your custom ServletContainerAdapter
correctly, based on the debug message stating that a resource was found for
your implementation of the ServletContainerAdapter.

The error message indicates that in the deployment or use of your
application, there is a call being made to
AdapterManager.getServletContainerAdapter() before the call to
AdapterManager.initServletContext(). The initServletContext() routine
instantiates the ServletContainerAdapter (that you defined via the
META-INF/services) and adds it as an attribute to the servlet context. This
initialization happens via the PageFlowContextListener (a
ServletContextListener that can be registered as a listener in the web.xml)
or during the init() method of the PageFlowActionServlet and
PageFlowPageFilter.

With the beehive source, you might be able to determine what is making the
call to
AdapterManager.getServletContainerAdapter() while the servlet state is such
that the initialization has not completed. There's info logging in
PageFlowContextListener that may help as well.

After the error message you noted is logged, the AdapterManager will
continue on and instantiate the desired ServletContainerAdapter.

Kind regards,
Carlin