Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com> on 2009/07/02 02:17:47 UTC

Resource Bundle Advice

I have a 2.1.6 App that I want to move the resource bundle away from
properties files to a database backed solution and I was hoping I could get
some feedback on others experience.

I was planning to extend java.util.ResourceBundle and add the requisite
methods for accessing keys and properties via a spring backed dao and then
use the following methods to refresh the data after any changes:

            LocalizedTextUtil.reset();

LocalizedTextUtil.addDefaultResourceBundle(³LocalisedMessageClass²);
            LocalizedTextUtil.setReloadBundles(true);

I was hoping that somebody with some experience with this could give some
feed back.

Z.