Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/13 23:56:28 UTC

Oozie 4.3.1. release

Hi folks,
   I think this would be a good time to do a patch release on 4.3 branch.
The 5.0 release is going to be a major change with the move of launcher
from Mapreduce AM to Oozie AM and might take time to stabilize. So it would
be good to do one final patch release on 4.3 branch pulling in some
important fixes and Spark action related fixes (Spark 2.x support) that
have gone in master so far.  Satish has volunteered to be the Release
Manager.

Below is a initial list of jiras that I identified.

OOZIE-3095 Job submit command is not logged in audit log (puru)
OOZIE-3031 Coord job with only unresolved dependencies doesn't timeout
(puru via satishsaley)
OOZIE-3079 Filtering coordinators returns bundle id as null (satishsaley)
OOZIE-3078 PasswordMasker throws NPE with null arguments (asasvari)
OOZIE-3072 oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.action.configurations
 should overwrite default values set in Hadoop's configuration files
(gezapeti)
OOZIE-2885 Running Spark actions should not need Hive on the classpath
(satishsaley)
OOZIE-3058 nocleanup option is missing in oozie-coordinator-0.5.xsd
(satishsaley)
OOZIE-3036 Spark 2.2.0 support: tell Spark not to get any delegation tokens
(andras.piros via gezapeti)
OOZIE-3028 Oozie Pig Action fails with no python dependencies (dbist13 via
rohini)
OOZIE-3018 Use Hadoop's CredentialProvider for passwords in
SchemaCheckerService (andras.piros via gezapeti)
OOZIE-2984 Parse spark-defaults.conf values with spaces without needing the
quotes (andras.piros via gezapeti)
OOZIE-2923 Improve Spark options parsing (andras.piros via gezapeti)
OOZIE-2863 SLACalculatorMemory.loadOnRestart causing delay in server start
(puru via satishsaley)
OOZIE-2862 Coord change command doesn't change job to running if job was
killed without creating any actions (puru)
OOZIE-2807 Oozie gets RM delegation token even for checking job status
(satishsaley)
OOZIE-2811 Add support for filtering out properties from
SparkConfigurationService (gezapeti via rkanter)
OOZIE-2802 Spark action failure on Spark 2.1.0 due to duplicate sharelibs
(gezapeti via rkanter)
OOZIE-2803 Mask passwords when printing out configs/args in MapReduceMain
and SparkMain (pbacsko via rkanter)
OOZIE-2799 Setting log location for spark sql on hive (satishsaley)
OOZIE-2792 Hive2 action is not parsing Spark application ID from log file
properly when Hive is on Spark (zhengxb2005 via rkanter)
OOZIE-2786 Pass Oozie workflow ID and settings to Spark application
configuration (zhengxb2005 via rkanter)
OOZIE-2790 log4j configuration is not passed to spark executors
(satishsaley)
OOZIE-2787 Oozie distributes application jar twice making the spark job
fail (satishsaley)
OOZIE-2777 Config-default.xml longer than 64k results in
java.io.UTFDataFormatException (gezapeti via harsh)
OOZIE-2771 Allow retrieving keystore and truststore passwords from Hadoop
Credential Provider (asasvari via abhishekbafna)
OOZIE-2748 NPE in LauncherMapper.printArgs() (pbacsko via rkanter)
OOZIE-2654 Zookeeper dependent services should not depend on
Connectionstate to be valid before cleaning up (venkatnrangan via
abhishekbafna)
OOZIE-2690 OOZIE NPE while executing kill() (abhishekbafna via
jaydeepvishwakarma)

Please reply to this mail thread if you find other jiras that you think are
important and should be part of 4.3.1.

Regards,
Rohini

Re: Oozie 4.3.1. release

Posted by satish saley <sa...@gmail.com>.
I skipped following patches due to conflicts in rc0.

Re: Oozie 4.3.1. release

Posted by satish saley <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Oozie 4.3.1. release