Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by J G <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/06 17:43:02 UTC

McAfee says Open Office is a Virus

When I tried to install open office mcafee blocked it as a virus.\

Shouldn't you sue them?

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: McAfee says Open Office is a Virus

Posted by David Rivers <dr...@ihug.co.nz>.
J G wrote:
> When I tried to install open office mcafee blocked it as a virus.\
>
> Shouldn't you sue them?
>

> Sent from Windows Mail
All that shows is that the McAfee is using a blunt instrument to search
for viruses. :)
A lawsuit won't fix that - they need to spend as much as they can on
fine tuning their tools, and if I were you (my personal opinion) I'd
avoid McAfee and Norton as antivirus weapons - they're way too clumsy
and clunky.