Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2005/05/15 08:41:19 UTC

Re: SA + PostFix + Virtual final question for a while

>> I don't expect I'll get a reply quick enough to help. It's been strongly
>> suggested that I switch our mail server over to ANYTHING other than what we
>> have before the weekend is out.
>>
>> I've been bouncing around the web and digging through documentation trying to
>> figure out how to do SA + virus scanning in a virtual domain SQL environment
>> with per-user prefs working.

Hi,

now that it is certainly too late :(
I am running qmail in a setup where incoming mail is just checked for virus (qmail-scanner)
and then delivered to a cyrus mailstore. The shell script called for delivery invokes SA
and knows about the recipient, so it can pick up user preferences from a sql database
I had to develop a solution for the "user name != system account" problem, but latest
cyrus release supports virtual hosting, and the mail accounts will be named userx@domainy.com

It is also up to the shell script to handle expres delivery (/dev/null) or similar things.

As an observation: the majority of users does NOT use the imap access, only the pop3.
I once tried to convince an outlook user to switch but his reaction was "it looks all different;
cannot I have it the same way as before?"

Wolfgang Hamann