Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stu Statman <gu...@att.net> on 2005/05/16 02:45:13 UTC

Introduction

Hi, quick introduction. I've been an OO developer/lead dev/architect for
about 15 years now, having moved from C++ to Java about 6 years ago. I'm
currently an architect and dev lead, but almost entirely at the level of
framework development, and middle tier applications. I've got some
decent open source experience, but mostly on the edges and mostly as a
foot soldier or leading very small projects.

After years of living on Java, and off the fruits of the Apache
projects, I figured that this would be a good project for me, karmically.

So given all that, I'd like to help out, and I'd be happy to do anything
from helping do architecture to (given the number of strong
designer/architects already on board, more usefully) be a grunt
developer in the Java class trenches. Or a mix. Wherever I can help.

Stu Statman

Re: Introduction

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 15, 2005, at 8:45 PM, Stu Statman wrote:

> Hi, quick introduction. I've been an OO developer/lead dev/
> architect for about 15 years now, having moved from C++ to Java
> about 6 years ago. I'm currently an architect and dev lead, but
> almost entirely at the level of framework development, and middle
> tier applications. I've got some decent open source experience, but
> mostly on the edges and mostly as a foot soldier or leading very
> small projects.
>
> After years of living on Java, and off the fruits of the Apache
> projects, I figured that this would be a good project for me,
> karmically.
>
> So given all that, I'd like to help out, and I'd be happy to do
> anything from helping do architecture to (given the number of
> strong designer/architects already on board, more usefully) be a
> grunt developer in the Java class trenches. Or a mix. Wherever I
> can help.

Keep reading.  Stand by.  Take action when something makes you want to.

We're still just getting started, but we're gathering steam :)

geir

geirm@apache.org