Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Meghan Pike <me...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/27 18:34:14 UTC

problem getting the jetty maven 2.0 plugin to run in the pre-test phase

<build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-jetty6-plugin</artifactId>
       <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>start-container</id>
             <phase>pre-test</phase>
               <goals>
                 <goal>run</goal>
               </goals>
           </execution>
       </executions>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>

I really thought adding this to my module's pom would do it. (there is a
higher pom that configures jetty and using mvn jetty:run will bring jetty up
sucessfully.)

I want jetty to run in the pre-test phase so that I can unit test my
web-app. (using jwebunit) but it doesn't seem to run, and jetty doesn't seem
to have any kind of 'stop' goal, which makes me think it might not be the
right container for the job.

Can anybody slap me about a bit and tell me what I've done wrong?

thanks

Meghan Pike