Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kuhn, Harald" <HK...@airplus.com> on 2007/10/01 16:37:41 UTC

[Trinidad] Redirect Logging to log4j

Hi,

as we are using log4j as logging framework (tomcat internal and webapps), I tried to redirect the log output of Trinindad to log4j.
I used the code provided by
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_and_Common_Logging

The output is actually redirected from JDK-Logging --> commons-logging --> log4j.
But there is a little difference:

Output from JDK-Logging:
01.10.2007 16:23:17 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.ConfigParser parseConfigFile
INFO: Trinidad is running in debug mode. Do not use in a production environment. See:/WEB-INF/trinidad-config.xml
01.10.2007 16:23:17 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.ViewHandlerImpl _checkTimestamp
INFO: Apache Trinidad is running with time-stamp checking enabled. This should not be used in a production environment. See the org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION property in WEB-INF/web.xml

Same output redirected to log4j:
2007-10-01 16:18:48,687   INFO  org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.ConfigParser: RUNNING_IN_DEBUG_MODE
2007-10-01 16:18:49,078   INFO  org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.application.ViewHandlerImpl: TIMESTAMP_CHECKING_ENABLED_SHOULDNOT_IN_PRODUCTION

As JDK Logging has a method java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(name, resourceBundleName)
I think this would cause the problem. And RUNNING_IN_DEBUG_MODE and TIMESTAMP_CHECKING_ENABLED_SHOULDNOT_IN_PRODUCTION are just the keys into the RessourceBundle.

Is this assumption right?

Before a deeper inspection of the code provided by the wiki page, I would kindly ask, if there is already a solution for this problem?

Kind regards

  Harald

Harald Kuhn
AirPlus International