Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/10 00:24:58 UTC

[users@httpd] linux vers win2k pro

can someone give me info on this i have linux mandrake 9.0 and windows 2k pro and was wondering which one i should run apache on
and   does linux have a built-in DNS server and stuff like that
someone  just give the good/bad of each please
thank you all for the help
david jones

Re: [users@httpd] linux vers win2k pro

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
bind is the defacto dns standard application, and it comes with all
linux distributions.
apache was originally written for unix ( linux isn't unix but is very
similar ) and apache.org does state that thier windows port is not yet
equal to the unix based version.

I myself do use mandrake linux, and I am comfortable with linux. though
linux is not as easily learned as windows.