Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by James Carr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 18:52:03 UTC

Removing interceptors for a service?

Hi All,

I'm in an environment where a lot of custom wrappers exist around CXF
that add some handy interceptors for some homebrew security
architecture for SOAP messages. However, trying to use JAXRS becomes a
pain because it tries to use these interceptors built specifically for
SOAP and falls flat on its face. I cannot really modify the bus
because it exists in a jar I don't have control over.

Is there someway to exclude these interceptors in my jaxrs server?

Thanks,
James

Re: Removing interceptors for a service?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 08 March 2010 12:52:03 pm James Carr wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm in an environment where a lot of custom wrappers exist around CXF
> that add some handy interceptors for some homebrew security
> architecture for SOAP messages. However, trying to use JAXRS becomes a
> pain because it tries to use these interceptors built specifically for
> SOAP and falls flat on its face. I cannot really modify the bus
> because it exists in a jar I don't have control over.
>
> Is there someway to exclude these interceptors in my jaxrs server?

Couple options:

1) Use a separate Bus for the JAX-RS services.   Might be tricky to do, but
usually it is doable.  The Camel folks recently updated some stuff to allow
multiple buses to work a bit easier.

2) Write an interceptor that would live very early in the chain that would go
through and remove all the "junk" that you don't want.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org