Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/01/25 01:15:56 UTC

maven and httpclient

Is anyone actually using Maven to build httpclient?

I'm trying to use it again but am having zero luck.  I the installation
instructions are simple and I appear to have done them correctly.  I can
run maven but it always fails.  I have asked on the commons list and the
use seems patchy.  Been trying to get some help on the maven-user list
and there is like *no* help forthcoming.

Arg.  Is this even worth it?  Can anyone offer any help?  I need it to
deploy the website.

Setup:
Linux with maven b7
Maven in /usr/local/maven/
$MAVEN_HOME = /usr/local/maven
$MAVEN_HOME is in the path
Running in a local checkout of jakarta-commons/httpclient

When I run command *maven* I get:
java:jar:
[ERROR] INTERNAL ERROR
[ERROR] Reference made to goal 'java:jar' which has no definition.

I get the same problem when trying to build torque.

I have no idea what the problem is.  It seems to be related to
configuration, but the steps are so minimal I can't see whats wrong.
Someone on the commons list suggested that the xml file appeared to be
intrepted as plain text.  Not sure what to do with that.

Pissed,
Jandlaf.

Re: maven and httpclient

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Yea, thats what everyones says, "it just works".

So I took your advice and redownloaded the archive and reinstalled it.
 I put it in my home directory this time, and downloaded the zip in
place of the tar.gz and guess what?  It just works.

I'm not going to question the evil spirits at this time.  Maybe later.

Jandalf.

Re: maven and httpclient

Posted by Mike Bowler <mb...@GargoyleSoftware.com>.

--