Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> on 2008/01/16 16:39:58 UTC

T5+IDEA: Suggestions for getting .tml files copied to the target/test-classes folder of a maven project

I've got my component library set up in the same fashion as the
"tapestry-core" project.
I really like this approach of having an integration test app in the
/src/test/app1 folder.

The problem is when I use IDEA to make the module before running a test.
some non-.java files(.tml, .css, etc) under the src/test/resources
directory are NOT copied to target/test-classes directory.

For now, my workaround is to edit the launch configuration in the
"before launch" box to "run maven goal my-module-name
process-test-resources"

but this does add some time(~10 seconds) before launching the app/test

UPDATE:
I have solved this problem on my own.
For other IDEA users, all you need to do is:

go to File --> Settings

expand Project Settings, click Compiler, then where it says "Resource
Patterns:" clear everything out and put "?*.*"

boy am I happy about this.

-mike

Re: T5+IDEA: Suggestions for getting .tml files copied to the target/test-classes folder of a maven project

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
better the regexp: !?*.java

--
with regards
Sven Homburg

Re: T5+IDEA: Suggestions for getting .tml files copied to the target/test-classes folder of a maven project

Posted by Mohammad Shamsi <m....@gmail.com>.
Or

Go to File --> Settings
expand Project Settings, click Compiler, then where it says "Resource
Patterns:"
add your favorite extension here  (for example ;?*.tml;?*.css)

On 1/16/08, Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> wrote:

> I've got my component library set up in the same fashion as the
> "tapestry-core" project.
> I really like this approach of having an integration test app in the
> /src/test/app1 folder.
>
> The problem is when I use IDEA to make the module before running a test.
> some non-.java files(.tml, .css, etc) under the src/test/resources
> directory are NOT copied to target/test-classes directory.
>
> For now, my workaround is to edit the launch configuration in the
> "before launch" box to "run maven goal my-module-name
> process-test-resources"
>
> but this does add some time(~10 seconds) before launching the app/test
>
> UPDATE:
> I have solved this problem on my own.
> For other IDEA users, all you need to do is:
>
> go to File --> Settings
>
> expand Project Settings, click Compiler, then where it says "Resource
> Patterns:" clear everything out and put "?*.*"
>
> boy am I happy about this.
>
> -mike

sincerely yours
M. H. Shamsi