Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/02 01:30:01 UTC

Admin Guide

Hi,

I'm working on a Trafodion Administrator Guide.

Beyond the install and *stop/*check/*start scripts, what commands/scripts
are key to cover?

Gunnar

Re: Admin Guide

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, I definitely think we want to cover the ldap scripts in the admin
guide.

Thanks,

Gunnar

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> Did you want to cover the ldapcheck script?  Not sure if it is covered in
> the *check scripts below.
>

>     Roberta

Gunnar

RE: Admin Guide

Posted by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com>.

Re: Admin Guide

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm starting with the basic sysadmin: starting, stopping, checking, log
files.

The DBA tasks are needed too and I'll need help with that. A good starting
point might be a list of jiras that covers such functions. Or, any other
writeups.

Thanks,

Gunnar

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> This will be a great addition!   Are you looking at covering
> administration of the database as well as the overall Trafodion
> environment?  Meaning things like update statistics, backups/snapshots,
> recovery, replication factors, security configuration and administration,
>  interaction with things like compaction, availability and failure
> configurations, etc.?
>
> Not all of those are "commands" or "scripts", but when I ask myself, "What
> does it take to administer Trafodion in its interactions with HBase and
> Hadoop?" these are some of the things that come to mind.
>
> The SQL Reference guide is a good place to go to understand commands, but
> as a user, I would turn to the Admin guide for the context for using these
> as I build and administer my environment.
>
> -Carol P.

> Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
> Twitter:  @CarolP222
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on a Trafodion Administrator Guide.
>>
>> Beyond the install and *stop/*check/*start scripts, what commands/scripts
>> are key to cover?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gunnar
>> *If you think you can you can, if you think you can't you're right.*

Gunnar

Re: Admin Guide

Posted by Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gunnar,