Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net> on 2013/10/04 19:57:23 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #6692 Exports should be scriptable

`ProjectAdminRestController._check_security` checks for `read` so that the export status check doesn't have to be authenticated.  But, I guess if the script that queued the export is already authenticated, re-using the auth for the status check isn't a big deal.

I noticed the body of the 403 page but I have no idea how that's happening, as I'm just raising a standard `HTTPForbidden` exception.  Maybe I should return None like the other parts of that method do, but that just allows *anon access with no error indicating that the auth failed (unless *anon is disallowed later on).

The `name=request_token.name` was a part of a rolled-back change, and should have been removed.

---

** [tickets:#6692] Exports should be scriptable**

**Status:** in-progress
**Labels:** export
**Created:** Fri Sep 20, 2013 05:43 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Oct 04, 2013 05:41 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Currently difficulties in project exports are:

* requires a manual form submission
* email is used to notify when ready
* resulting filename is non-deterministic

It should be possible to automate a project export with a script, with minimal difficulty.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/