Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/06 08:07:09 UTC

Are indexes for different fields in a schema maintained separately ?

Are indexes for different fields maintained separately, I mean if I have
two text fields both indexed separately within a schema, each of them would
have its own set of indexes, so that if I one field's index is quite bigger
it doesn't affect anyhow another unless I use both of the fields together
in one query ?

Re: Are indexes for different fields in a schema maintained separately ?

Posted by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com>.
sorry this question got posted twice. I wasn't aware.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Once again, why is it important to you? Curiosity or are you trying
to solve a problem?

Personally I've never had to worry about this kind of detail, so I've never
had cause to look. In essence, though, the terms are cached so they'll
occupy memory after you've queried on each of them so practically
it doesn't matter whether you query both in one query or use them
individually in separate queries.

Best,
Erick