Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2002/12/26 08:28:08 UTC

Change to AbstractEsqlQuery.java

Hi. I am review the code of the ESQL and a have a little change to the code:

In the source file AbstractEsqlQuery.java the original at line 207:

    public void getResultRows() throws SQLException {
        if (skipRows > 0) {
            while (resultSet.next()) {
                position++;
                if (position >= skipRows) {
                    break;
                }
            }
        }
    }

to:

    public void getResultRows() throws SQLException {
        if (skipRows > 0) {
            resultSet.absolute(skipRows + 1);
            position += skipRows;
        }
    }

I think this second function must run faster than the old one.

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Change to AbstractEsqlQuery.java

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi. I am review the code of the ESQL and a have a little change to the
> code:
>
> In the source file AbstractEsqlQuery.java the original at line 207:
>
>     public void getResultRows() throws SQLException {
>         if (skipRows > 0) {
>             while (resultSet.next()) {
>                 position++;
>                 if (position >= skipRows) {
>                     break;
>                 }
>             }
>         }
>     }

That's just the fallback method (that should never be used). If you look
into the JDBC query you'll find what you proposed :)

cheers
--
Torsten