Posted to user@spark.apache.org by aecc <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/16 11:24:35 UTC

Locality level and Kryo

Hi guys,

It happens to me quite often that when the locality level of a task goes
further than LOCAL (NODE, RACK, etc), I get some of the following
exceptions: "too many files open", "encountered unregistered class id",
"cannot cast X to Y".

I do not get any exceptions during shuffling (which means that kryo works
well).

I'm running Spark 1.0.0 with the following characteristics:

- 18 executors with 30G each
- Yarn client mode
- ulimit is defined in 500k
- Input data: hdfs file with 1000 partitions and 10 GB of size

Please any hint would be appreciated

Re: Locality level and Kryo

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Make sure ulimit is set system wide across the cluster (ulimit -a). Also
reduce the number of partitions to a smaller number (say 200-500) to get
ride of *the too many open files*.

Thanks
Best Regards