Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/07/01 09:59:57 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] What happens after M1?

Well, what is non-trivial?
We are building an advanced system for large companies on Turbine and I
think it's a great platform for it.

The use case for cometd is typically any site where users communicate with
eachother in one way or another. If a message is sent from one user to
another it is "pushed" out instantly, no need for page reload or regular
ajax-checks. The same would go for communitys where a list of the most
recent posts of some kind is displayed. When a new post is made it can be
pushed into the list at once.

As I see it, cometd opens up a lot of possibilities for webapps where
communication is the central part. We have experimented a little with it,
although not me personally, and it did not seem to complex...
/Ludwig