Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 14:04:08 UTC

The 3 distributed recommenders

Hi mahout:

Looking through the source code there are 3 distributed recommenders...

the als recommender
the item recommender
the pseudo recommender

Any docs differentiating these?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: The 3 distributed recommenders

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Well, anyways:  To clarify....  I have a pretty simple implementation im
trying to run:

       int ret = recommenderJob.run(new String[] {
             "--input",args[0],
             "--output",args[1],
             "--usersFile","/tmp/users.txt",
             "--tempDir", "/tmp",
             "--similarityClassname", "SIMILARITY_PEARSON_CORRELATION",

And it gets the error described here.... (numUsers.bin not found).

http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/y0uRZUrY8BQGOkwWg34i

If i manually create numUsers.bin , then it returns a new exception:

 /tmp/preparePreferenceMatrix/ratingMatrix not Found.

So... Im thinking i must be doing something horribly wrong in my
recommender, but cant figure out exactly what?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Jay,