Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> on 2006/02/08 16:32:06 UTC

CForms and Authenticate

Hello,

Still working my way around CForms and ways that I can use it with my existing Cocoon system. I'm getting back an XML document (using <jx:out value="#{bean}"/>) and, in one form, this is the user's name and password.

The problem is that if I use this in conjunction with the authenticate resource so I have a pipeline that looks something like:

<map:match pattern="authenticate">
 <map:generate type="jx" src="return-dom.jx"/>
 <map:transform src="stylesheets/authentication2.xsl" />
 <map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="do-login">
 <!-- try to login -->
 <map:act type="auth-login">
   <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
   <map:redirect-to uri="start"/>
 </map:act>
 <map:redirect-to uri="failed"/>
</map:match>

I assume that the bound XML is not available in the authenticate pipe. Should I continue with this or just separate the parameters for username and password (after all there are only two) and pass them in or use flowscript to do the authentication?

Thanks for you help,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.