Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by S Kolli <ko...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/23 21:59:13 UTC

Apache SOAP 2.0 with WebLogic Application Server 5.1 - anyone?

Has anyone tried the above scenario?  If Yes, I would appreciate any
information on this.

Thanks

-Sudhir

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: Apache SOAP 2.0 with WebLogic Application Server 5.1 - anyone?

Posted by David Boreham <da...@boreham.org>.
> Is there anyone from BEA on this list? If these instructions are the
shortest
> path to getting Apache SOAP working under WebLogic I'd like to include
them in
> the install docs.

Good idea. I found that I also had to enable JSP support in
my installation---it was disabled by default.
This stuff was commented out:

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# WEBLOGIC JSP PROPERTIES
# ------------------------------------------------
# Sets up automatic page compilation for JSP. Adjust init args for
# directory locations and uncomment to use.
weblogic.httpd.register.*.jsp=\
       weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet
weblogic.httpd.initArgs.*.jsp=\
       pageCheckSeconds=1,\
       compileCommand=e:/jdk1.3/bin/javac.exe,\
       workingDir=E:/weblogic/myserver/classfiles,\
       verbose=true

and I un-commented it, as per the weblogic docs.
I also changed the path to the compiler above, you wouldn't
do that unless you had a good reason.

YMMV.

Re: Apache SOAP 2.0 with WebLogic Application Server 5.1 - anyone?

Posted by David Boreham <da...@boreham.org>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Is there anyone from BEA on this list? If these instructions are the shortest
path to getting Apache SOAP working under WebLogic I'd like to include them in
the install docs.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Vahe Amirbekyan <av...@techone.com>.
Hi,

--
       (\______________________________________________________/)

Posted by David Boreham <da...@boreham.org>.
> Has anyone tried the above scenario?

Me.

> If Yes, I would appreciate any
> information on this.

Hmm. Dunno really, I'm pretty Java-clueless, so I just
futzed with the @(*@^^@ CLASSPATH and sundry
weblogic config file parameters until it worked.

Wasn't hard. You just need to get the thing configured such
that the servlet is seen.

from weblogic.properties:

weblogic.httpd.register.RPCRouterServlet=org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRout
erServlet

weblogic.httpd.webApp.soap=e:\projects\apachesoap\soap-2_0\webapps\soap

Mail me if you can't get it to work. As I said, I'm not a Java or
app server expert, so I don't know which parts were supposed
to be easy, if you know what you're doing :)

I put soap.jar and xerces.jar in the classpath for the server,
by hacking the startWeblogic file.

Re: Apache SOAP 2.0 with WebLogic Application Server 5.1 - anyone?

Posted by David Boreham <da...@boreham.org>.

Posted by Vahe Amirbekyan <av...@techone.com>.
Hi,

--