Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Richardson <wi...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/05/26 03:18:36 UTC

configuration issue

I am still relatively new to the "non-Microsoftian" way of doing things,
so please forgive this question.  I have downloaded tomcat 5 and
extracted the zip file to the hard drive (I am still using Windows BTW).
I have started the server using the 'startup.bat' file and I have tested
it using http://locahost:8080 <http://locahost:8080/>  and everything
works perfectly.  However, when I attempt to access the server from the
internet (not on our LAN here at the house), I am unable to do so.  I
realize that I am more than likely overlooking some tiny configuration
issue probably found somewhere in one of the configuration xml files
somewhere.

If you would.please humor me this one time!  Thanks in advance for the
response.

William D.W. Richardson

willyd82@bellsouth.net
wrchrdsn@memphis.edu

ClassLoader Issues: ServletContext method undefined....

Posted by Andrew Hughes - LISAsoft <ah...@lisasoft.com.au>.
Greetings,

I'm running both tomcat v4.0.4 and 4.1.24. Both of them have now an
error when I try and execute a servlet I have written. I have not
changed any of the lib files but I am now unexplainably receiving the
following exception from tomcat.

/The method getInitParameter(String) is undefined for the type ServletContext/

The API says it has such a method, however it is obviouly loading another package/class or not loading the "servlet.jar" package at all.

If anyone has any knowledge of why this may have happened and how to fix it I would love to know.

Cheers!

Re: configuration issue

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
He'll also have to setup a Host for that domain name, or at least an Alias
to localhost in server.xml.

John

Re: configuration issue

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.

--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org

RE: configuration issue

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.

Re: configuration issue

Posted by Andrew Hughes - LISAsoft <ah...@lisasoft.com.au>.

Kwok Peng Tuck wrote:

> You need a public ip for this to work.
>

> William Richardson wrote:
>
>> I am still relatively new to the "non-Microsoftian" way of doing things,
>> so please forgive this question.  I have downloaded tomcat 5 and
>> extracted the zip file to the hard drive (I am still using Windows BTW).
>> I have started the server using the 'startup.bat' file and I have tested
>> it using http://locahost:8080 <http://locahost:8080/>  and everything
>> works perfectly.  However, when I attempt to access the server from the
>> internet (not on our LAN here at the house), I am unable to do so.  I
>> realize that I am more than likely overlooking some tiny configuration
>> issue probably found somewhere in one of the configuration xml files
>> somewhere.
>> If you would.please humor me this one time!  Thanks in advance for the
>> response.
>>

>> William D.W. Richardson
>>
>> willyd82@bellsouth.net
>> wrchrdsn@memphis.edu

Andrew Hughes
Software Engineer / Application Developer, LISAsoft Pty Ltd
B. Comp. Sc.

http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.ardec.com.au

Sydney                        Adelaide