Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rick Byers <by...@quack.com> on 2000/05/31 23:46:43 UTC

XInclude

Hi,
In the near future, I will need functionality similar to XInclude in my
application (basically, I will have a big xml document that I want split up
into easily manageable pieces).  Is there any plan to implement XInclude in
Xerces in the near future?  Does anyone know of a (partial or complete)
implementation of XInclude where source code is available?  If I decide to
implement XInclude in Xerces, what is the best way to approach it?  I.E.
could it be done properly externally to xerces, or with a plugin, or should
I extend Xerces directly?  I might be able to get away with using XML
External entities, but XInclude is really exactly what I want.  Ideally,
I'd like some control over when (and if) included files are parsed (i.e.
maybe only on demand).

Thanks,
	Rick